Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 52931
Location: Smithfield, NC
Facility/Division: Johnston Health
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for monitoring and evaluating the quality and appropriateness of Social Work services furnished. Provides direct clinical social work services to patients and their families as part of the interdisciplinary team with emphasis on completing psychosocial assessments, conducting group and individual therapy, facilitating family sessions, assisting in program development, implementing and reviewing treatment plans, and performing discharge planning. In collaboration with the Director of Behavioral Health, oversees quality improvement activities to enhance safety, patient care and Social Work services. Optimal patient care and cost effective management is maintained through utilization of data and information from quality assessment and standards monitoring. Supports and contributes to ongoing changes within the organization and is a mentor to other Social Workers and role model of service excellence.
1. Monitor and evaluate quality and timeliness of all Behavioral Health Social Work services. Conducts and monitors performance of accurate psychosocial assessments within seventy two hours of admission. Promotes and monitor completion of effective treatment plans within seventy two hours of patient admission. Monitor and promote accurate documentation of patients’ issues and progress in treatment.
2. Provides leadership to ensure Social Work staff receive useful feedback. Oversees performance of Social Work staff to ensure quality care and excellence in customer service.
3. Conducts and monitors performance of group therapy according to the patient program schedule, as well as, other types of groups when necessary that meet practice standards. Provide direct social work services to patients and their families consistent with short term psychiatric hospitalization and as needed to address social, financial and placement issues. Educate patients and their families about mental illness, substance abuse, and hospitalization. In consultation with the treatment team, identify the aftercare plan and ensure resources are secured and appointments are made prior to discharge.
4. Provide information to requesting agencies/entities promptly and as necessary. Promotes positive communication and working relationships within system and in working community.
5. Performs and monitors performance of insurance pre-certification and authorization renewals.
● Master degree in social work from a graduate school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
● Licensed to practice as a Social Worker in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Johnston Health
Organization Unit: Behavioral Health Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Smithfield
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.