Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 50726
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve. Join the UNC Health team as an MRI Tech!
Conducts procedures and tests using MRI equipment to acquire and analyze patient diagnostic data.
Hours: Friday, Saturday, Sunday 7:00am-7:30pm
1. Patient Identification- Uses professional manners and methods, verifies patient identification, obtains patient history, assists patients and family members that require extra attention, insures patient understanding whenever possible, and insures patient safety. Verifies patient identification, asks and documents pregnancy status on patients of child bearing age.
2. MRI Technology- Demonstrates knowledge of MRI and cross-sectional human anatomy. Is competent in the operation of the MRI scanners, proficient in automatic injections of MRI contrast, disc drives, gateways, PACS and laser printers. Maintains active status with the ARRT by accruing CE’s when needed. Interprets protocols and selects appropriate scanning parameters, shares knowledge with fellow MRI technologists and uses technical knowledge to assist in actively trouble shooting problems with respect to equipment and protocols
3. Contrast- Administers oral contrast to adult and pediatric patients according to protocols, establishes intravenous lines, administers IV contrast following safe and proper injection procedures, follows correct procedure to determine contrast eligibility, checks appropriate lab values before contrast injection per protocol.
4. Image Transfer- Maintains thorough understanding of PACS, and transmits images to QC, UNCH’s EMR, EPIC and PACS, verifies and segments images at the QC station, accesses IMPAX service tools to verify images transmission, completes, modifies and/or cancels orders in an appropriate and timely manner, cancels duplicate orders to avoid duplicate billing. Insures that all charge information is accurate. Verifies patient identification in accordance with UNC policy, insures that all appropriate demographic information is accurate and on the PACS images.
5. Other Duties- Performs task in a timely manner, runs the schedule creating a consistent workflow, volunteers to work on challenging tasks, difficult procedures and new research, produces quality diagnostic images, reviews patient's chart and reports for correlation, maintains a clean and orderly work environment, creates and keeps documentation of incidents as improvement opportunities for employees and the department. Precept new employees and students
● Completion of an accredited educational program in Radiological Science or completion within 3 months at time of application.
● Must be registered with the American Registry of Radiological Sciences or registry eligible. For registry eligible candidates: must provide a copy of diploma from accredited program.
● Requires advanced certification in MR within one year of employment.
● Successful candidates must become registered within one year of employment and must maintain their registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
● All imaging specialists are required to maintain current competency in HCP BLS.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior education, training and experience that provides the ability to perform the assigned tasks.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH MRI Scatliff
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.