Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 52000
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Air Medical Telecommunicator opportunity with Carolina Air Care Team
Summary:This position is responsible for monitoring a network of radios, telephones, scanners and weather radar to facilitate activation of the Carolina Air Care, a transport system for the critically ill and injured. The communications center receives requests for transportation, dispatches the appropriate service, and monitors all transports from beginning to completion. Work is performed in accordance with FCC regulations, and UNCHCS and other related policies and procedures
1. Coordinates all transport activity by notifying transport team, checking weather verifying locations, security, patient information and facilitating communication between hospital and flight crew. Maintains position reports of the aircrafts/vehicles. Monitors helicopters during take off and landing documents the position report of the aircraft throughout the flight
2. Ensures that all communication center equipment is in working order
3. Facilitates communication between the transport team, medical control officer, referring and receiving physician
4. Maintains all records for missions, data entry and billing. Completes data entry for transports and patients to ensure proper billing. Maintains flight log data. Completes transport request forms and billing invoices for each transport.
5. Monitors a network of radios, telephones, and weather radios. Receives requests for air/ground transport for critically ill or injured patients. Communicates request to appropriate medical, flight, ground, or other teams
6. Serves as resource person concerning availability of aircraft and other affiliation aircraft
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience in radio communications or dispatch.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Critical Care Transport
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.