Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 51529
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Health Rex Women’s Center Meet & Greet | Experienced Registered Nurses & Clinical Support
February 21, 2023 | 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Event location: UNC Health Rex 100A Birth Center, 4420 Lake Boone Trail, Raleigh, NC 27607
UNC Health Rex in Raleigh is looking for Surgical Techs, Perinatal Techs (CNAs), and Experienced Registered Nurses to join our team in the Women’s Center! Join us at this Meet & Greet event to learn more about working in the Women’s Center (light snacks/beverages provided), meet with Hiring Managers, and tour the units!
UNC Rex Healthcare has been named the first Magnet hospital in the Triangle as well as one of the “World’s Best Hospitals” in 2021 by Newsweek Magazine, and named the “Number 1 Hospital in the State” on Business North Carolina’s 2021 list of North Carolina’s Best Hospitals.
· Experienced RNs: up to $20,000 commitment incentive or up to $25,000 in loan forgiveness as well as up to $10,000 in relocation assistance
· Perinatal Techs (CNAs): up to $5,000 commitment incentive
· Surgical Techs: up to $10,000 commitment incentive
We are looking for Experienced RNs, Surgical Techs, and Perinatal Techs to join our team in the following Women’s Center’s units:
· Perinatal Unit: Our 2/3 Women’s Mother/Baby unit is a 50 bed unit focused on the delivery of comprehensive care to our pregnant mothers, new parents and their stable newborns and our GYN-Surgical clients. Our team consists of Registered Nurses and Perinatal Technicians who are committed to delivering high quality and compassionate care with a family centered approach.
· Labor Delivery Operating Unit: The UNC REX Labor and Delivery OR cares for patients during labor, delivery and recovery post-childbirth. They also care for high risk antepartum and postpartum patients. This unit consists of a 3 bay OBED, 20 labor rooms, 3 ORs, and 3 PACU bays. Nurses on our unit circulate C-sections on expectant mothers, working with Physicians and the support of Nursing Assistants and Surgical Technicians. UNC REX has a dedicated team of OB Hospitalists who provide fast care and assessment or emergency services for patients during pregnancy or labor and delivery. We also partner with many private practice OB/GYNs and CNMs.
· Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: The UNC REX Neonatal Intensive Care unit is a Level IV NICU with 21 beds. Our board certified Neonatologists, along with a highly skilled healthcare team, specialize in the care of infants requiring medical treatment due to prematurity and its complications, neonatal transitional problems, congenital anomalies and other problems. We provide care for 450 to 500 newborns with critical or special care needs each year. Our team has a strong commitment to families, supported by a Family Advisory Council of alumni parents, that provide valuable insight to ensure the NICU team provides excellent patient and family centered care.
How do I qualify?
Experienced Registered Nurse: Graduation from a school of professional nursing. If hired after January 6, 2014, must be enrolled within four years of employment, and obtain a Bachelor's degree with a major in Nursing or a Master's degree with a major in Nursing within seven years of employment date. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina. Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification. One (1) year of nursing experience. Women's services experience highly preferred.
Surgical Tech: Requires High School Diploma. Graduation from a Surgical Technology program. BLS required. Surgical Technologist I-A: Entry level position for new graduates of Surgical Technology program or Surgical Technologists with less than twelve (12) months of outside experience. Surgical Technologist I-B: Requires twelve (12) months of full-time equivalent Surgical Technology experience.
Perinatal Tech (CNA): High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Completion of an accredited Nursing Assistant Training program and listing with the Nurse Aide Registry with the Department of Facility Services. Requires certification as a Nursing Assistant I. BCLS certification required. Previous Secretarial/Nursing Assistant experience in clinical specialty preferred.
How do I Participate?
Step 1: RSVP by selecting the "Apply Now" button at the top or bottom of this page. We require RSVPs for this event so we may have enough snacks/beverages for all participants.
Step 2: You will receive an email confirmation from Sherie Royster, which will contain additional event details and instructions.
Step 3: Join us at 11 a.m. on February 21 at UNC Health Rex 100A Birth Center, 4420 Lake Boone Trail, Raleigh, NC 27607. Don't forget to bring a mask and your resume.
Questions? Contact Recruiter Sherie Royster at [email protected]
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.