Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 54268
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position will serve as the Speech Language Pathologist for the Transforming Health & Resilience in Veterans (THRIVE) Program. The THRIVE Program will be a community-based clinical outreach program designed to provide care to Veterans who are experiencing the effects of traumatic brain injuries (TBI) or post-traumatic stress (PTS) resulting from a career serving our nation.
The three-phase program will 1) evaluate and diagnose physical, cognitive, and other health conditions during a 3-day evaluation period, 2) treat these diagnoses during a 3-week intensive outpatient program, and 3) continue to check in with the Veteran for up to 12 months following program completion. In its full capacity, the program will see approximately 150 Veterans per year and will provide a referral network and post-program follow-ups for as many as 400 Veterans and family members every year.
Provides evidence-based, independent and highly skilled patient care consistent with professional standards and UNC Health Care’s vision of leading, teaching and caring. The Speech Pathologist I is expected to have involvement in the areas of continuing education, departmental and community activities, outreach education and role of preceptor to students.
1. Diagnostic Testing - Administers basic & complex diagnostic tests and evaluations in the area of speech language pathology for the treatment of communication and swallowing disorders and related impairments.
2. Education - Teach & supervise graduate Speech/Language Pathology students and/or clinical fellows. Develops or contributes to innovative programs to enhance patient care. Serves as resource consultant to other clinicians in respective specialty area.
3. Evaluation of Care - Analyzes results of diagnostic and or therapeutic testing to establish patient goals and or modify subsequent treatment programs. Identifies expected patient outcomes. Communicates relevant information to promote continuity of care.
4. Implementation-- Selects and applies current and advanced techniques to provide quality and efficient rehabilitative services. Provides habilitation/rehabilitation and maintenance of persons with communication, cognitive, and related impairments. Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs.
5. Outreach/Community Involvement-Serves as resource to North Carolina government departments and statewide health professionals in specialty areas. Presents at local (university/hospital) or state level, participates in community health screening and events. Participates in the development of new clinical programs to meet emerging needs in conjunction with the clinical specialist and/or department director.
6. Participation - Contributes to quality of clinical services through attendance and participation in departmental meetings and in-services.
7. Quality-Contributes to quality of clinical services through maintenance of valid & reliable records of patient procedures & progress. Participates in quality improvement initiatives with the clinical specialist and other healthcare professionals. Participates in continuous quality improvement efforts in conjunction with the department director.
● Graduation from an accredited Speech-Language Pathology program.
● Speech-Language Pathology certification by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).Licensed as a Speech-Language Pathologist by the North Carolina Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience in the field of Speech Pathology.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: Thrive Program
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 30.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.