Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 52852
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Food Services Manager I is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, controlling and directing cafeteria and catering services successfully and independently.
1. Budgetary prepares, monitors and revises operational expenses, capital equipment, travel and revenue budgets. Prepares financial reports to ensure the efficient and effective use of resources and ensure the profitability of the food service production activities. Reviews and revises financial budgets.
2. Ensures compliance with policies and regulations visits all areas of the cafeteria to determine compliance with policies and ensure customer satisfaction, discusses concerns, alternative methods and procedures and compliance issues with subordinate managers, supervisors and staff. Inspects and documents sanitation conditions.
3. Operations directs the cafeteria staff during operating hours to ensure the highest degree of services and products are available for customer satisfaction, tests and evaluates foods, prepares statistical and narrative reports, prepares four meek cycle menu plan, prepares specialty and theme menu plans, attends workshops, seminars, food shows and equipment exhibits to increase the proficiency of the operations, drafts correspondence pertaining to customer service, vendor products and capital equipment requirements.
4. Planning provides direction to all cafeteria employees in a timely manner to ensure their safety and the financial success of the cafeteria, develops, organizes, establishes, coordinates, implements and evaluates departmental programs and controls to achieve the food and nutrition goals set forth by the Hospitals administration.
5. Staff supervision adjusts and approves employee work schedules, completes and evaluates transactional reports, conducts employee counseling, conducts in-service training. Approves personnel actions including hiring, promoting, demoting, leaves and termination.
Professional Experience Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: NFS Production Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.