Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 55087
Location: Lumberton, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Director Operations will lead the development, implementation and ongoing management of programs to ensure successful clinical and financial results. They will be responsible for overseeing multiple, simultaneous initiatives, and ensure consistency and alignment with UNC Health's overall strategy and goals. They will be responsible for communicating these objectives to their assigned hospital leadership.
1. Lead regular communication and collaboration amongst providers, managers, system stakeholders and hospital leaders to achieve desired outcomes.
2. Support teammates and providers by identifying resources and removing barriers in order to achieve organizational goals. Provide senior leadership as necessary to assure positive results.
3. Partner with system and entity stakeholders in finance to develop practice level budgets and coordination of provider compensation plans. Actively participate in oversight of data reporting and analytics to ensure accuracy of information shared and to allow for ongoing monitoring and improvement of organizational performance.
4. Work closely with Legal and Compliance to assure system and entity policies are widely understood and upheld.
5. Collaborate with Recruitment, hospital leadership, community partners and physician leaders in order to recruit and retain needed providers.
6. Hire, develop, train and evaluate practice managers in order to develop high performing and diverse teams.
7. Utilize KPI, dashboards and other data specific to experience, finance, HR and quality in order to lead performance improvement efforts.
8. Participate in planning with Business Development, Clinical Onboarding and hospital leadership to operationalize new physician practices, providers and initiatives.
9. Meet regularly with partners in clinical areas to coordinate roll out of quality initiatives, patient safety protocols and clinical improvement pilots.
Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
Licensure/Certification Requirements: None required.
Professional Experience Requirements: A minimum of five (5) years of experience in practice operations, finance and/or clinical operations management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements: Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to perform high level statistical analysis and be able to determine best sources and metrics for ongoing measurement to validate improvement. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, direct, and coach diverse groups.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: Southeastern Hub
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US: NC: Lumberton
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.