Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 48771
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The purpose of the Community Outreach Specialist (SW) position is to increase community awareness of both the UNC Hospice and Palliative Care programs by marketing these programs, offering insight to potential referral sources on the patient/family benefits of these programs and to provide training to providers, patients and families related to program specifics. The Community Outreach Specialist position, will increase visibility and knowledge within the community of the availability and benefits of UNC Hospice and Palliative Care services.
Home Health/Hospice experience highly preferred.
The Liaison is responsible for outreach and public relations for Hospice and Palliative Care programs. Primary responsibility is as a liaison to physicians, nursing homes, discharge planners, managed care organizations, churches and civic groups. Promotes hospice and palliative care programs and services through contacts, public presentations, phone contacts and correspondence.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Promotes hospice and palliative care programs and services through contacts to referral sources.
2. Serves as a liaison to churches, corporations and civic organizations.
3. Initiates and maintains contact with discharge planners, including surrounding communities.
4. Helps meet hospice and palliative care programs goals for referrals and census.
6. Develops and updates hospice and palliative care programs promotional materials, brochures and educational information in collaboration with central marketing department.
7. Maintain and update community based data contact information.
8. Develop and maintain professional relations with area nursing homes, assisted living facilities and senior centers.
9. Coordinate and participate in appropriate Health Fairs.
10. Assist with MD education on End Of Life issues.
11. Provide consultations on hospice and palliative care information.
12. Provide promotional support for special events, agency events and initiatives.
13. Ongoing familiarity with all aspects of hospice and palliative care programs.
14. Performs other duties as requested.
Bachelor’s degree in social work or other healthcare related field or a Registered Nurse required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
Minimum of three (3) years' work experience. Prior experience in home health or hospice is preferred. Experience calling on physicians’ offices and nursing facilities is preferred.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: UNCHCS Cont Care Intake
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Work Type Assignment: Onsite
Salary Range: $19.11-$27.16 (Hiring Range)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.