Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 54527
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Senior Construction Project Manager is responsible for oversight of complex projects to include development, implementation, coordination, schedule, budget, documentation, turnover, and compliance of construction, renovation, upgrade, replacement, and repairs involving buildings, grounds, facilities, and infrastructure for the UNC Health Care System.
1. Develop and manage the sections operation, including development of the operating budget and UNC Health Care Systems capital/facility improvement budget, developing and implementing design and construction standards, developing and update personnel job descriptions, conducting interviews and recommending the hiring of new personnel.
2. Develop concepts, project programs, and budgets for requested projects in the UNC Health Care System. Analyze and research requests to establish project budget and program feasibility. Present project recommendations to Hospital Administration for consideration and approval.
3. Manage and direct the Design/Construction function of the Department, including Capital Improvement Projects, Facility Improvement Projects, In-House construction projects, and feasibility studies.
4. Provide leadership, management and supervision for professional and technical personnel as well as construction trade supervisors. Includes planning, organizing and directing work functions of personnel, establishing work standards, assigning tasks and tracking work performance, and setting work performance standards and job expectations.
5. Receive and coordinate requests for interior renovation projects to be performed with department staff and in-house services. Coordinate approval and prioritization from hospital administration and develop delivery plans to utilize in-house resources.
6. Represent the interests of UNC Health Care and act as the Owner's representative on all aspects of the project. Generate and maintain all project related documentation for Hospital policy compliance such as Risk Assessments, project inspection logs, project inspections by State and Federal agencies, and any credentialing agencies. Establish and oversee all project turnovers to Operations. Ensure all required closeout documentation and materials are received.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Ten (10) years of progressive experience in Maintenance Project Management in institutional buildings, including five (5) years in a supervisory or lead role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Skilled in preparing cost estimates and setting project priorities. Demonstrated knowledge of Supervision and Management practices, Employee hiring, and performance reviews.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Construction Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.