Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 56306
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides pyscho-social support to palliative care patients through the palliative care services consult team. Applies knowledge of psycho-social care in support of hospital quality improvement initiatives. This position will work with veterans and retired athletes who have suffered service or sports related mild traumatic brain injuries as part of a multidisciplinary medical team.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self, and others.
2. Performs comprehensive and interdisciplinary patient assessments.
3. Provides supportive counseling to patients and families with advanced illness.
4. Participates in the discharge planning process for palliative care patients with full consideration of patient safety needs.
5. Participates in interdisciplinary care planning.
6. Serves as a liaison and resource between patients, families, providers and the whole healthcare team.
7. Educates physicians, patient care teams, and patients/families in palliative care principles and practices.
8. Participates in departmental, service line, hospital and organization-wide improvement activities.
9. Demonstrates effective communication skills as a palliative care consult team member and liaison in patient care processes.
● Master's Degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training;or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum of two years experience in hospital, long term care or hospice setting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients, their families and the general public. Ability to effectively present and receive information in one-on-one and small group situations, as well. Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts to practical situations. Reasoning ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: Thrive Program
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.