Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 52764
Location: Smithfield, NC
Facility/Division: Johnston Health
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Patient Experience Advisor ensures positive, fair, and consistent health care experience services. This role collaborates with employees on all levels, patients, and guests to conduct investigations into allegations involving care and service for the health system. The Patient Experience Advisor determines the appropriate investigatory approach, analyzes the information obtained to reach reasonable conclusion and works with parties involved to provide an appropriate verbal or written response.
1. Responsible for effective case management of HCS patient grievances and complaints. Conduct assessments and provide actionable feedback. Utilize various conflict management techniques to deescalate the situation as needed.
2. Develops and leads patient grievance and complaint investigations. Oversees and hears formal, written and informal, verbal concerns. Partner with Legal/ Risk Management in conducting investigations, research policies/ practices, create and gather documentation, make recommendations and communicate resolutions when applicable. Identify best practices to influence continuous improvement in the organization. Make independent judgements and renders advice on patient grievances and complaints at all levels.
3. Coaches, mentors, and advises employees in developing an understanding and interpretation of policy and procedures related to patient grievance and complaint management. Collaborates with Legal/ Risk Management on disruptive behavior matters.
4. Assesses data from the patient grievance and complaint database to identify issues and themes within departments and divisions and recommend proactive solutions. Provide support on ad hoc requests for data.
5. Identifies patient grievance and complaint issues and develops strategy and practices to prevent further escalation. Keeps all stakeholders informed and aware of all CMS guidelines and deadlines.
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field
● CPXP Certification within one year of hire
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four (4) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination or education and experience
● If Associate's degree, requires eight (8) years of relevant experience
● If high school degree, requires twelve (12) years of relevant experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● ·Persuasive speaking skills
·Ability to use positive language
·Clear communication skills (written and verbal)
·Willingness to improve
·Knowledge of dealing with challenging situations and customer experience
·Ability to admit that you do not have an answer
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Johnston Health
Organization Unit: Patient Experience
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 19.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Smithfield
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.