Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 54683
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Health Care is an award-winning, not-for-profit integrated health care system that is committed to delivering state-of-the-art health care and outstanding service to patients. From the mountains to the coast, UNC Health Care provides quality compassionate care patients and families from all 100 counties in North Carolina and from across the country.
The Department of Pastoral Care at the UNC Medical Center in Chapel Hill, NC is currently looking for a dedicated, passionate, and highly caring clinical chaplain to join the chaplaincy team. The department has robust ACPE CPE and clinical chaplaincy programs. The clinical chaplain will provide the highest quality of pastoral care to patients, family members and staff in the oncology service line.
The clinical chaplain for Oncology will have job duties that include providing one-on-one pastoral care in the in-patient and out-patient settings, leading caregiver groups, participating in team and unit based rounds, and serving on service line, department, and hospital wide committees. Clinical chaplains at UNC Medical Center complete documentation for patient encounters, provide 24 hour back-up coverage in rotation with other pastoral care staff members, lead worship services in the hospital chapel as needed, teach didactics within the Department of Pastoral Care and in the hospital community, serve as a mentor to CPE residents, and complete administrative and other tasks as assigned according to the spiritual needs of the institution.
1. Consultation--Serves as a resource or consultation for staff, CPE residents and interns about patient (client) problems, and assists in utilizing institutional and/or community resources in meeting patient (client), family, and staff needs. Collaborates with other departments or agencies serving the specific needs of the client population.
2. Departmental and institutional responsibilities--attends meetings as assigned such as the Ethics Committee, CQI, Palliative Care, CISM, and diversity education. Participates in appropriate professional organizations.
3. Ensures that care provided and other activities are documented appropriately
4. Manages pastoral care provided by self and CPE interns/residents in defined clinical area or a larger patient (client) group with complex problems. Coordinates pastoral care rotations. Coordinates volunteer activities.
5. Program development--Develops pastoral care programs, educational and/or outreach programs for specific patient (client) populations, large clinical area, and/or agency
6. Provides pastoral care to patients (clients), families, and staff in specified clinical area in accordance with the professional code of ethics. Provides religious rites and rituals and memorial services as appropriate to the patient population.
● Master's degree in Divinity (M.Div.) or equivalent degree from an accredited seminary or university.
● Graduation from accredited college and seminary with four (4) units of ACPE CPE, faith group endorsement.
● Board eligible by the Association of Professional Chaplains. Certification must be obtained within two years of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior pastoral experience in hospital setting and/or congregation.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Pastoral Care
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.