Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 54559
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the maintenance and monitoring of the denial management process by developing and maintaining systems and processes and short- and long-term goals to achieve departmental/organizational objectives.
1. Develops and maintains systems and processes that effectively monitor staff activity and performance related to the billing, follow-up, collection and customer service aspects of the accounts receivable.
2. Develops and maintains systems and processes that facilitate timely and accurate billing to third party payors. Assures that all billing (paper or electronic) conform to all applicable regulations and contractual terms as stipulated by the third party payor.
3. Reviews daily patient accounting, billing, and follow-up activity and produces summary for management staff. Compiles weekly, monthly or quarterly activity analysis reports as defined. Explains variances from goals, targets or budget.
4. Maintains current knowledge and competence in all regulatory and third payor patient accounting, admission and registration requirements. Assures that all required patient accounting forms, bill/claim formats, notices, letters and messages meet existing standards and regulatory requirements. Conducts staff education and training related to these requirements to assure compliance.
5. Responsible for the coordination, maintenance and monitoring of denial management processes. In cooperation with department staff and other key departments and payers will assist or lead actions to identify and create improved procedures and solutions to increase cash flow, improve payer operational relationships and internal process improvements. Educates and works with all relative departments to ensure consistency and accountability in denial management. Identifies trends and maintains reporting for Director
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Physician Ins Billing and Foll
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.