Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 56936
Location: Pittsboro, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Practice Manager III is responsible for the management of three physician practice locations and/or with (combined) 10+ providers. This role is responsible for managing all functions of the assigned physician practices operated by UNC Health Care, including organization and planning of the services provided by the practice. The Practice Manager III coordinates the smooth operation of the day-to-day activities, provides leadership, makes decisions, sets goals, and assures that quality, performance and production standards are maintained. The Practice Manager III is responsible for implementation of comprehensive programs to ensure delivery and management of efficient and financially responsible delivery of quality health care in the physician office setting.
1. Provides supervision and direction for administrative and clinical employees. Plans, assigns and directs work assignments ensuring adequate and efficient staffing. Interviews, hires, orients and trains employees; evaluates employee performance; rewards and disciplines employees.
2. Provides budgetary planning, implementation, monitoring and tracking of financial data. Provides financial reports on monthly and as needed basis.
3. Establishes clear open communications and builds positive relationships with patients, physicians, staff, director, and peers. Communicates on a regular basis with physicians, director and employees.
4. Develops and implements efficient and effective systems and processes. Analyses clinic functions to ensure that patient service and financial viability are the primary focus. Proactively develops systems and processes anticipating patient/internal/external customer needs.
5. Ensures appropriate ordering, receiving and utilization of all supplies and medications.
6. Identifies staff educational needs. Responsible for staff education and compliance with all safety procedures including conducting emergency drills on a periodic basis.
7. Develops, implements, administers, maintains policies and procedures consistent with the practice and the organization. Monitors and addresses compliance policies and procedures.
8. Coordinates, leads, and participates in the performance improvement activities for the practice. Ensures adherence/compliance with standards for such as OSHA, JCAHO, infection control, and safety and security protocols.
9. Evaluates and reports on periodic basis patient and staff satisfaction implementing programs/measures for maintenance and improvement. Addresses comments/complaints in a timely and effective manner.
● Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline. Five years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in a physician office or outpatient setting. Two years of supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
● If an Associate's degree: At least nine (9) years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in an outpatient/medical office setting. Two (2) years supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
● If a high school or GED: At least thirteen (13) years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in a physician office or outpatient. Two (2) years of supervisory experience required in a healthcare setting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients and employees, and the general public. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Spread sheet skills strongly preferred. REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNC Specialty Care at Pittsbor
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Pittsboro
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by UNC Physicians Network Group Practices, a private, for-profit subsidiary of UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.