Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 56918
Location: Pittsboro, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is eligible for a commitment incentive ($10,000 paid over a three (3) year commitment; $2,500 paid at time of hire.) Learn more here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-physicians-network-rn-incentive-program
Coordinate all clinical care within all clinics to maximize safety, patient and co-worker satisfaction and quality outcomes.
1. Coordinates clinical assignements for each day and clinic to ensure optimal coverage, timely patient flow, and excellent patient care. Identify opportunities to improve clinic flow. Works with Manager, Physicians, and APPs to provide a dynamic and user-friendly practice environment for all staff. Ensures that care/service delivered to each patient is appropriate and in accordance with Physician orders, departmental policies, and with full consideration of patient safety needs. Documents in patient care records.
2. Serves as a clinical and management resource for decision-making, problem solving and employee performance reviews. Serves as a liaison between staff, physicians and Manager. Advises medical staff and Manager in matters related to patient care and operation of the department. Assists in addressing patient issues/complaints related to care/service received. Serves as a point of contact between nurses, providers, and other team members. Delegates tasks to clinical, non-clinical, and volunteer staff as appropriate.
3. Assists in the development and implementation of clinical policies and procedures. Ensures that clinical nursing staff is adhering to all applicable policies and procedures including JCAHO, OSHA, and other regulatory standards. Establishes, maintains and evaluates protocols, policies and procedures in conjunction with physician staff and Manager. Assists with the evaluation of quality of care/service provided. Identifies areas needing improvement and makes appropriate recommendations to address quality deficiencies.
4. Provides direct patient care maintaining current skills and competencies required of other Registered Nurses in the department. Ensures patient care maintains the UNC REX Healthcare standard of excellence. Ensures clinic nurses are properly trained to perform clinic procedures and patient care.
5. Maintains adequate inventory of clinical supplies and equipment. Assists with adherence to the budget, cost containment and product selection.
6. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics. Participates in performance improvement and quality improvement activities. Recognizes, supports, and utilizes evidence based nursing practices.
7. Assists in the development and implementation of an orientation plan for new staff. In conjunction with Manager, prepares clinical staff time schedules, ensuring adequate staffing of the unit and provides assistance in covering staff absences. Identifies, coordinates and conducts ongoing continuing education programs for the staff. Serves as lead for annual competency training. Serves as a role model for other staff in the unit
8. Collaborates with physicians and APPs to customize their clinics, in order to meet the unique needs of their patient population. Assists in the development and implementation of clinical policies and procedures to reflect these standards. Ensures that clinical nursing staff is adhering to all applicable policies and procedures including including TJC, OSHA, and other regulatory standards.
● Nursing Diploma, Associate Degree (ADN) or Bachelor's Degree (BSN).
● BLS certification required. Licensed to practice as RN in North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years nursing experience with at least one (1) year in a medical office or outpatient setting. Prefer previous supervisory experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNC Fam Med East St Pittsboro
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Pittsboro
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by UNC Physicians Network Group Practices, a private, for-profit subsidiary of UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.