Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 58880
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
General management of the Construction Department including related managers and staff. Interacts with Construction Services director and all departmental staff, to coordinate design and construction programs utilizing professionals and hospital staff to create a team approach to project implementation. The process includes planning, design and delivery as well as compliance with all regulatory requirements. The goal is to incorporate safety, risk management and quality control.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Perform construction and renovation work as assigned and/or approved by the Rex Healthcare Board of Trustees in conjunction with the Vice President of Support Services.
2. Lead the Construction/Renovation management team in developing a key list of contractors who have demonstrated good healthcare qualifications and the ability to consistently provide quality service, timely results, flexible scheduling, acceptable pricing, and good emergency response if needed.
3. Monitors the establishment of site safety procedures, including interim life safety measures, in accordance with the hospital's Life Safety Plan. Ensures that the contractor(s) comply with all such requirements.
4. Maintain general oversight in monitoring and controlling ?value engineering? such that worthwhile savings are pursued, yet value and quality are maintained and inferior products or work is avoided.
5. Provides assistance in accurate cost estimating for realistic budget planning, works to assure that expected cost/sq. ft. is met, and participates in space planning as necessary.
6. Promotes frequent communication and coordination with Facility Services Department, including Biomedical Engineering on as needed basis, including major equipment purchases, installations, utility shutdowns, and other issues involving Facility Services staff and/or contractors.
7. Reviews and approves applications for payment submitted by the architects, engineers, consultants, contractors, vendors, etc. and provides recommendations for revision and/or payment.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree from four (4) year college or university or equivalent combination of education.
Licensure/Certification Requirements: None required
Professional Experience Requirements: Minimum of five (5) years construction project management experience. Experience if approved by Construction Services Director. Project management experience necessary, and some supervisory experience over team members desired. Experience in running meetings, setting schedules, and interaction with local and state regulatory agencies and other authorities having jurisdiction is preferred.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Plant Oper and Main
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.