Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 58958
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Nurse Practitioner of UNC Health’s Advanced Care at Home program is a dynamic, experienced provider leader who is passionate about transforming the future of healthcare. This role provides the following opportunities:
• Work in a team environment to provide high-quality patient care to patients in their own homes through Advanced Care at Home (ACH).
• Clinical outcomes are equal to or better than inpatient hospitalization with improved patient experience
• State-of-the-art equipment at Command Center and patients’ home
• Patients have access to hospital services and more including medication management, mobile imaging, home infusion, meal delivery, nutrition consults, phlebotomy, rehab services
• Integrated care with primary care providers, specialists & ancillary departments
• Serve as the point of contact representing the ACH program to patients and families by providing in-person clinical assessments from patient homes and collaborating with the physician and nurse in the Command Center, as well as the patient’s primary care physician (PCP). Command Center – Parkline - is considered “place of business” for this role located in Chapel Hill, NC.
• Perform the initial face-to-face evaluation and assessment of new patient admissions from patient homes
• Evaluate potential ACH patients in the emergency department on the hospital floor and advocate for ACH with hospital providers including socialization of the program.
• Collaborate with the supervising physician and the PCP to develop and implement a plan of care in the home.
• Provide protocol-driven assessment, care coordination and interventions as appropriate
• Obtain additional diagnostic and specialty consultation when needed
• Provide safe handoffs to the attending physician and Command Center Registered Nurse
• Communicate with the patient and family concerning the ACH model, incorporating patient and family values and goals in the plan of care
• Navigate patients and families across the continuum of phases of care
• Promote a collaborative relationship between the physicians, Command Center Registered Nurse, and supplier providers
• Maintain and practice in accord with practitioner guidelines per state and hospital regulations
• Master’s degree and a current license as an Advanced Practitioner Registered Nurse
• Certification in specialty fields such as acute care or geriatrics is desirable
• Five (5) years APRN experience
• Flexible and comfortable with a changing and dynamic work environment
• Team player who also works well independently
• Strong verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to deliver compassionate, patient-centered care
• Ability to analyze, interpret and problem solve quickly with well-articulated action planning.
For more information, please contact Laura Oakes at [email protected] or 336-710-7985
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: Adv Care at Home-Provider Svcs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.