Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 58378
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Specialty Pharmacy Technician is responsible for processing, preparation, and filling of specialty prescriptions. Ensure accuracy of prescription and patient data entered into various systems by verifying patient, drug, quantities and directions. Completes monthly compliance calls, medical record and pharmacy profile documentation, contacts insurance payers to resolve claim issues, works with others to secure and process financial assistance for patients, when needed, and works with care managers, providers, and pharmacists to deliver highly coordinated care.
This position qualifies for our Pharmacy Technician Incentive Program, which includes $1,500 in commitment incentives spread over a two-year period. Payment is made after six months, one year, and two years of employment. Learn more about the Pharmacy Technician Incentive Program here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/pharmacy-technician-commitment-incentive-program
1. Receives and accurately transcribes orders from prescribers under the supervision of a pharmacist. Process prescriptions in a timely order and manner so as to best take care of patient needs. Assists with training of new employees, educating them in job-specific functions. Act as an extension of the Pharmacy Billing Office as interactions with patients occur, monitoring payment accounts, creating charges, taking payments, creating accounts, re-opening accounts, and taking all FSA card related account payments. Credit, reconcile, or investigate patient accounts based on grant status, copay eligibility, and patient feedback.
2. Assist patients in finding copayment assistance, renewing grants, or outside pharmacy, triage if necessary. Maintain continual knowledge of insurance requirements based on accreditation and regulatory requirements. Monitor and follow-up with internal teams on all insurance and assistance re-authorization patient needs to ensure continual therapy for patients
3. Answer telephone in required time to comply with third party and accreditation standards. Communicate adherence barriers and collaborate with care team members to develop a plan to increase patients’ medication adherence and provide continuous quality care for the patient. Coordinate patient care and perform patient follow up refill assessments to confirm compliance, complete medication reconciliation, triage side effects, and verify changes to pharmacy benefits.
4. Thoroughly document a patient encounter via Epic to meet accreditation standards by addressing new medications, confirming allergies, verifying quantity of medication on hand and triaging appropriate patient-reported information to providers. Package, ship and track all packages to ensure they are delivered to the appropriate address and within set timeframes for medication integrity. Contributes to process improvement projects.
● High school diploma or GED.Completion of an academic pharmacy technician training program preferred.
● · Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program. · CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years of pharmacy technician experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● ·Communication Skills·Leadership Skills·Organizational Skills·Self-initiative·Innovative·Collaborative
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: UNC HCS SSC Pharmacy Retail
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.