Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 59143
Location: Siler City, NC
Facility/Division: Chatham Hospital
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Reviews Physician preference lists, check supplies and instruments required for each surgical procedure. Follows instructions to: place equipment and supplies in operating rooms, assist team members to place and position patient on table, and hand instruments and supplies to surgeon.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Completes duties according to the individual needs of the patient with full consideration of patient safety needs.
3. Reviews Physician preference lists, check supplies and instruments required for each surgical procedure.
4. Implements appropriate Instrument table set up, prepares and maintains sterile field throughout the surgical procedure.
5. Places equipment and supplies in operating room and arranges equipment, according to instructions.
6. Assists team members to place and position patient on table.
7. Hands instruments and supplies to surgeon, holds retractors, cuts sutures, and performs other tasks as directed by surgeon during operation.
8. Understands and complies with OR policy and procedures and protocols.
9. Puts unused supplies and instruments away at the end of the case.
10. Assists with room turn over and clean up.
● High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and some college preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● None required
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintain ace instructions, and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions, and to define problems, collect data.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Surgical Services
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 0.20
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.