Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 58146
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Pharmacy Access and Solutions Technician provides support related to medication access, utilization and optimization. The technician has a high level of autonomy working directly with patients, prescribers, payers and other members of the healthcare team. The position identifies and initiates process development and improvement activities with emphasis on providing high quality patient care and customer service.
This position qualifies for our Pharmacy Technician Incentive Program, which includes $1,500 in commitment incentives spread over a two-year period. Payment is made after six months, one year, and two years of employment. Learn more about the Pharmacy Technician Incentive Program here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/pharmacy-technician-commitment-incentive-program
1. Maintain current knowledge of service line applicable regulations and external support services
2. Proactively identify and analyze opportunities for intervention and seek solutions to customer concerns encountered both inside and outside of the department
3. Utilize internally developed systems, the electronic health record (EPIC) and commercial vendor software to document and track patient eligibility, prescriptions, patient communications and program enrollment
4. Document and communicate findings to the patient, provider and pharmacies per internal operational standards in a timely and professional manner
5. Provide support to develop and utilize processes that improve operational workflow to positively impact patient care and optimize clinical processes.
6. Respond to and resolve pharmacy-related inquiries from members, clients, providers, or pharmacies related to medications. Appropriately triage inquiries to relevant team members when additional expertise is required.
7. Assist in training for new employees and pharmacy learners
● HS diploma or equivalent.
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
● CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years of pharmacy technician experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Amb. Pharm Care Network - MAP
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.