Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 58529
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
*This position qualifies for our Nursing Support Incentive Program. The Nursing Support Incentive Program includes $5,000 paid over a three (3) year commitment. Learn more about the program here:
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Our 2/3 Women's Mother/Baby unit is a 50-bed unit focused on delivering comprehensive care to our pregnant mothers, new parents, their stable newborns, and our GYN-Surgical clients. Our team consists of Registered Nurses and Perinatal Technicians committed to delivering high-quality and compassionate care with a family-centered approach.
The Perinatal Tech is responsible for the management and preparation of supplies and equipment for the birth process. In addition, the Perinatal Tech scrubs for operative procedures done in the OB operating room, primarily cesarean section deliveries. They are also certified caregivers responsible for his/her practice for assigned patients, contributing to the utilization of the nursing process, under the direction of the Registered Nurse. In addition, they carry out the clerical and receptionist duties of the nursing unit.
1. Organizes instrumentation and the sterile field and performs all surgical counts. Anticipates needs of the surgeon, passes appropriate instruments, assists in exposure of the surgical field
2. Makes sure emergency trays and equipment are readily available. Demonstrates ability to scrub for emergent hysterectomy
3. Ensures the OB O.R. is always set and ready for unexpected surgery or high risk delivery.
4. Monitors patient parameters as delegated and reports abnormalities, changes, or concerns to the appropriate staff member.
5. Demonstrates proficiency in order entry, placing reports into the patient’s medical records, assisting with chart preparation for admissions, transfers, surgery, and other related duties.
6. Ensures that everything the nurse and physician/CNM require is available for a successful delivery. Delivery cart is properly stocked; extra instruments are available when needed.
7. Any specimens, including the placenta is labeled and processed correctly. Refrigerated/frozen placentas are stored and disposed of according to policy.
8. Cord blood is properly labeled and delivered to lab.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Certificate of completion from Surgical Technology Program or minimum of 5 years experience as surgical/perinatal technician is required.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) required within 30 days of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Certificate of completion from Surgical Technology Program or minimum of 5 years experience as surgical/perinatal technician is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● • Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
• Ability to interact professionally and effectively communicate with physicians, staff, patients, and public.
• Demonstrates sensitivity for the hospitalized patient and family.
• Ability to follow instructions; work quickly and accurately in a fast paced environment.
• Analytical and grammatical skills are necessary to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Capable of using computers for a variety of support functions.
• Organizational and multi-tasking skills are essential.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex 3 Womens
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.