Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 58878
Location: Cary, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs variety of nursing duties for patients in Nuclear Medicine.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Verify ordered tests, drugs needed to perform test, and obtain appropriate consent.
3. Inform patient of procedure guidelines and explain all aspects of the procedure with patient and family members as necessary.
4. Review and obtain patient medication list and enter into EMR system. Maintain records of radioactive material use. Start IV on patients. Help patient with treadmill and/or any side effects from pharmaceuticals given for stress test.
5. Prep patients for stress testing, placing electrodes, initiating EKG. Monitor vital signs during test. Monitor EKG recording during test. Remove IV and disconnect electrodes, EKG upon completion of test.
6. Perform Quality Assessments for patient satisfaction surveys, cath correlations.
7. Order supplies for crash cart and pharmaceutical stress testing.
● Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
● Must have NC RN Licensure.
● BCLS;ACLS;RN NC LIC
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One year of nuclear technology experience in a clinical setting preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Demonstrated excellent communication skills. Effectively interact with patients and their families, showing sensitivity to patients' physical and psychological needs. Knowledge of anatomy and physiology to pinpoint area for nuclear test. Knowledge of nuclear equipment and testing. knowledge of safety hazards to nuclear testing, including equipment, body mechanics and patients movement.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex NCHV Panther Creek
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Cary
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.