Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 59820
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Facility/Division: Nash UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Food Service Associate stocks & prepares food/beverages for patients, visitors, and customers. The Associate is responsible for serving all customers of Nash UNC Health Care while delivering excellent patient and customer service following the Carolina Care platform.
1. Assists with dirty food tray removal from nursing units.
2. Assists with early and late food tray deliveries in a timely manner.
3. Assists with tray preparation and/or delivery and works to ensure tray accuracy, adherence to special diets and customer service.
4. Assists with tray preparation during meal service hours.
5. Clean and sanitize kitchen equipment, utensils and work areas, including dish room. Washes dishes by hand or by machine.
6. Delivers food trays or nourishments to patient's rooms or nursing units.
7. Maintains compliance with JCAHO, State Health Department, and OSHA regarding on-going required job training and health standards.
8. Transfers food in kitchen and on patient trays in a timely manner and using proper protocol (wears hair restraint, gloves, and properly covers food to prevent contamination).
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Food Handlers Certificate is required within 6 months of hire with recertification required every 3 years.
3. Serv-Safe Certification is preferred.
Legal Employer: Nash Hospitals
Entity: Nash UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: NGH Dietary
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: NASH HC
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.