Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 59798
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Facility/Division: Nash UNC Health Care
Status: Part Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Phlebotomist I performs venous and capillary collection of blood specimens for analysis. In addition, the Phlebotomist I may perform various other support services for the laboratory as assigned, including performance of EKG’s. The Phlebotomist I may perform waived and moderately complex testing with appropriate supervision. Monitors incomplete work lists in LIS throughout shift.
1. Consults/confers with healthcare providers/patients regarding patient care as it relates to phlebotomy service issues.
2. Ensures quality and accuracy of work.
3. Investigates problems with equipment, patient results, specimens and/or workflow.
4. May participate on teams or perform special projects/assignments.
5. May perform teaching and training of new employees, phlebotomy students and/or other healthcare providers.
6. May review test results to ensure accuracy of reporting and timely correction of errors or report results to healthcare providers.
7. Performs phlebotomy procedures, quality control and equipment maintenance in the appropriate laboratory.
8. Responsible for and/or ensures completion of daily work and assigned tasks. Monitors daily operation of laboratory work area.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Graduate of an approved training program in Phlebotomy.
3. Eligible for registry by ASCP or ASPT.
4. Incumbent may receive on-the-job training for EKGs.
Legal Employer: Nash Hospitals
Entity: Nash UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: NGH Laboratory
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: NASH HC
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.