Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 59804
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Facility/Division: Nash UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Registered Respiratory Therapist provides professional respiratory care to newborns through geriatrics. Therapist responsibilities include critical care, general patient care assignments, and related patient care activities where assignments and duties are predominantly predictable. Incumbents are accountable to the North Carolina Board of Respiratory Care for practicing respiratory care within the scope of the North Carolina Respiratory Care Practice Act.
1. Administers standard Respiratory Care including but not limited to, aerosol medication delivery, basic bedside pulmonary function testing, breathing exercises, oxygen therapy, arterial cannulation and arterial punctures. Provides for all aspects of airway management including aspiration of established airways, tracheostomy care, tracheostomy tube changes, endotracheal intubations and extubations. May perform Pulmonary Function Testing as needed.
2. May be required to be on-call days, nights, weekends and holidays.
3. May Perform all aspects of ventilator care to include, but not limited to setting up the ventilator and verifying function using specialized ventilator modes to manage the patient's disease process. Provide for an appropriate monitoring of these patients and provide appropriate weaning techniques.
4. Maintains and improves job knowledge and skills. Serves as resource to other staff reflective of experience level. Serves as resource for physicians and other UNCHCS staff. Aids in training new staff members, students and new physicians. Provides in-services as required. May assume Charge Therapist responsibilities.
5. Records completely all pertinent information pertaining to patient care procedures per hospital and departmental policies. Records patient information in electronic medical record system.
1. Graduate of a CAHEA approved training program in respiratory care.
2. Current license to practice respiratory care as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in North Carolina.
3. Certified Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or eligible to sit for exam.
4. Current BCLS certification.
5. Current ACLS certification.
Legal Employer: Nash Hospitals
Entity: Nash UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: NGH Pulmonary
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: NASH HC
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.