Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 59812
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Facility/Division: Nash UNC Health Care
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Nuclear Medicine Tech produces nuclear medicine images and performs related procedures under the clinical direction of a Radiologist, while taking responsibility for image quality, patient care, safety, sterile technique and providing education for staff and students. The Tech will also participate in other necessary activities in support of departmental operations.
1. Administration & Record of Radiopharmaceutical: Identifies each patient, confirms date of birth, hospital number and identification. Achieves venous access and administers radiopharmaceutical. Records route of administration, dose and technologist's initials.
2. Describes exam to patient, obtains informed consent, completes necessary paperwork for study input of patient information into radiology management system for record keeping and charge generation.
3. Evaluates requisition, chart, and lab results. Performs patient assessment. Identifies patient. Confirms females of childbearing age are not pregnant. Arranges for pregnancy testing upon orders from the Nuclear Medicine physician.
4. May performs advanced duties such as found in Positron Emission Technology (PET) imaging and/or lead technologist role
5. Radiopharmaceutical Handling ? receipt of radiopharmaceuticals, proper documentation and proper disposal. Follows guidelines set up by Radiation Safety Office and NRC
6. Radiopharmaceutical selection, dosage and quality control review, assuring each dose to be administered is correct for the ordered procedure, correct activity, acceptable quality control, and properly recorded in the dose records
7. Set up acquisition and performs according to protocol, maintains patient comfort, care, and safety. Analyzes images and evaluates for correctness. Processes films and submits to physician for approval.
8. Uses RIS, CIS, SMS and PACS to generate proper documentation.. Completes all RIS orders with the appropriate and accurate charges added. Uses transport tracking system to arrange transportation of inpatients to and from NM department.
1. Associate's Degree from an accredited school or program of nuclear medicine.
2. Current registration with American Registry of Nuclear Medicine Technologists or certification by Nuclear Medicine Certification Board
Legal Employer: Nash Hospitals
Entity: Nash UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: NGH Radioisotope Diagnostic
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: NASH HC
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.