Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 60747
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Certified Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) administers anesthesia under the supervision of the Attending Anesthesiologist, administers local, inhalation, intravenous and other anesthetics prescribed during surgery, deliveries or other medical procedures. Institutes resuscitative procedures throughout the hospital, including the recovery room, and is available at all times while on duty.
1. Performs complete pre-anesthesia assessment including laboratory and diagnostic studies. Includes important aspects of patient history and physical. Aware of and fully comprehends history, physical, and laboratory data. Establishes good rapport with patients. Anticipates needs and possible problems. Consults with NP/MD as indicated.
2. Appropriately prepares for case management. Assembles all essential equipment in an orderly manner. Has equipment ready and in working condition to safely administer anesthesia. Demonstrates knowledge of anticipated needs. Prepares patients for anesthesia to include explaining procedures and positioning patient on the surgical table.
3. Develops plan of care for anesthetic management in a systematic manner based on assessment, interpretation and anticipated procedure. Recognizes patient difficulties.
4. Demonstrates professional competence in administering and managing anesthetic techniques including regional anesthesia (subarachnoid, epidural, upper and lower extremity blocks, local infiltration, topical, transtracheal blocks), intrascapular, sedation and monitored anesthesia care techniques, CPR, invasive and noninvasive monitoring, airway management techniques, mechanical ventilation/oxygen therapy, fluid, electrolyte acid base management, blood, blood products, plasma expanders, peripheral intravenous/arterial catheter placements.
5. Exhibits technical ability to keep patient safe and comfortable at all times. Recognizes problems and takes appropriate corrective action including seeking consultation. Adapts with composure to changing situations and demonstrates good judgment in emergency situations. Remains alert and is aware of surgical events taking place. Keeps accurate records of pertinent information. Coordinates with appropriate health care providers.
6. Responsible for post anesthesia care, discharge and handoff reporting. Documents all nursing actions and care appropriately.
7. Orients and evaluates new CRNAs as directed. Mentors and evaluates nurse anesthesia students as directed.
8. Completes continuing education, professional development and in-service programs to meet regulatory and job requirements. Keeps current on trends and developments in area of practice.
9. Responds appropriately in emergency situations.
10. Keeps leadership informed of any problems or concerns.
11. Participates in performance improvement activities, departmental committees and other operational projects as assigned.
12. Promotes a safe, clean environment.
13. Presents and promotes a professional demeanor at all times, establishes high standards of customer service, supports responsibility, pride, and teamwork, remains calm under pressure, and offers reasonable solutions for problems.
14. Demonstrates appropriate interaction with and provides recommended care and services to all patients.
15. Ensures the delivery of age appropriate, culturally sensitive, and ethical care for patients.
16. Applies knowledge of principles of standard precautions. Routinely uses PPE to avoid risk of exposure to self and others.
17. Takes appropriate care of material resources and equipment.
Master's degree from a school of nurse anesthesia approved by the State Accrediting Agency and the Council on Accreditation of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) required.
• Currently certified as a CRNA by the AANA.
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
• Certified in ACLS, BLS and PALs
At least one year experience as a CRNA desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Able to pay keen attention to details at all times.
• Must display a high level of understanding and patience when dealing/working with patients.
• Able to build positive relationships with providers, teammates and also patients who may have limitations due to their disease process or mental capacity. Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Able to coordinate different activities simultaneously and manage stress appropriately.
• Able to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
• Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information.
• Good organizational abilities.
• Able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Proficient with Epic and able to learn new software rapidly.
Valid NC Driver’s License: No
If driving a Wayne UNC Vehicle, must be 21 years old and MVR must be approved by Risk Management.
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Anesthesia
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.