Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 60828
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Environmental Services Aide provides daily cleaning of assigned areas of the hospital in accordance with established schedules, technical and administrative policies/procedures. Performs duties which include, but are not limited to restocking of supplies, daily cleaning, vacuuming, disinfecting and other duties as assigned. The goal is to provide quality service to every patient, every time.
1. Performs daily cleaning in assigned areas according to established policies, procedures, and schedules.
2. Uses proper chemicals and follows correct procedures to complete assignments.
3. Maintains and cares for workplace and assigned equipment.
4. Responds to all requests in a timely manner.
5. Assists in maintaining a sanitary, safe, attractive and orderly facility.
6. Inspects and evaluates their personal work and makes improvements as needed.
7. Informs Supervisor or designated teammate regarding any needed supplies or equipment issues.
8. Displays a positive attitude while engaging with all contacts within the hospital.
9. Helps to support the "team" approach, within the department and within the hospital.
10. Follows oral and written instructions.
11. Performs additional cleaning assignments as needed.
High school diploma or GED required.
A certification in cleaning - preferred, but not mandatory.
1 year of experience in Environmental Services or housekeeping in another capacity preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Good customer service skills.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Basic knowledge of MS Office.
• Ability to stand and walk for duration of shift.
Valid NC Driver’s License: No
If driving a Wayne UNC Vehicle, must be 21 years old and MVR must be approved by Risk Management.
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Environmental Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.