Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 59889
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The CMA interviews patients to initiate, schedule and perform care and plays key roles in the care provided, up to and including specimen collection and delivery of test results.
• Communicates with patients and clinical staff to coordinate and schedule clinical visits across a wide range of clinical resources.
• Reviews and interprets incoming clinical orders delivered by phone and fax. Inputs orders into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) scheduling system. Reviews automated work queues to guide and prioritize outreach.
• Interviews patients to collect and document history of present illness (HPI), medication reconciliation, history of allergies. Interviews patients to obtain and input patient’s history, demographic, and insurance details into EMR scheduling system. Reviews records for accuracy.
• Performs vital sign measurement and any standard testing per clinic procedures
• Coordinates and performs follow-on procedures as directed by a provider, including but not limited to onsite testing, specimen collection, and wound care.
• Assists with provider-performed procedures such as suture application or splints. Collects and prepares testing specimens as needed for transport to offsite laboratory. Documents care into electronic medical recordkeeping system (EMR). Ensures completion of necessary documentation and forms.
• Communicates with patients in a timely and effective manner regarding their care. Notifies patients of test and lab results. Patiently and clearly explains practice policies and procedures using cultural competency and active listening.
• Maintains and monitors consumable supplies and medications for effective ongoing clinical operations. Promotes a safe, clean and secure clinical environment for all, including the application of standard precautions and principles of infection control.
• Must hold Current Medical Assistant Certification (AAMA CMA, AMT RMA, NHA CCMA or NCCT NCMA).
• BLS certification
• Position will require the ability to lift supplies and equipment regularly and navigate clinical area actively throughout work.
• Prior work experience in a clinical setting.
• Working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9/ICD-10 coding.
• Experience scheduling clinical resources such as radiology exams
• Experience or education in medical terminology
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: SE Sports Me
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.