Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 59975
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Patient Access Representative is responsible in ensuring that patient access processing is performed in accordance with procedure and documented in a timely and accurate manner. This performance must meet the departmental/organizational driven outcome targets to continue the revenue flow cycle of clean claims and point of service cash collections.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
• Greets and incorporates patients and families into our system of care, ensuring positive customer service though demonstration of a caring, professional, and helpful disposition.
• Verifies patient identities and records relevant information in electronic medical records system, creating new entries when necessary, and updating patient demographic and insurance information.
• Handles, understands, and explains complex and sensitive information, in particular health insurance coverage, benefits and associated documentation, adhering to applicable privacy and compliance standards.
• Organizes and schedules patient into system of care, where applicable, and directs patients throughout the facility as needed per their scheduled services
• Explain and collect co-payments, deposits, and outstanding balances in service of organizational goals. When applicable, uses and explains price estimation tool to provide best accurate financial obligations to patients.
• Act as a resource for the patient during registration process, including explaining and completing complex forms and documents needed for regulatory and accreditation compliance
• May be asked to support adjacent tasks in their area of work, organizing provider schedules, switchboard operations or inventorying personal effects for admitted patients
High school graduate or equivalent
Previous Registration and/or Insurance Verification is preferred
Must complete EPIC Cadence and Prelude training & must pass exam upon completion of training
Proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Office
Customer-service oriented and proficient in written & oral communications. Modeling the Carolina Care behaviors in every interaction while providing exceptional service to our patients
Familiarity with medical terminology and a clinical setting
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Pat Acct
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.