Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 59978
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) administers respiratory care under the direction of a physician, as assigned within scope of practice.
• Administers respiratory patient care under the direction of a physician. Identifies and pursues expected patient outcomes in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team.
• Educates patients, especially those with complex care issues, within hospital setting and for post-discharge care. Topic include but are not limited to:
o Bronchodilator usage
o Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) equipment usage, care and maintenance
o Ramifications of smoking / tobacco usage and/or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
o Asthma symptom management and medication usage
• Administers aerosol medications, oxygen therapy and other components of standard respiratory care. Provides for all aspects of airway management including aspiration of established airways.
• Implements the use of a range of respiratory equipment for breathing assistance and secretion management. Tests equipment, patient response and leads patient through breathing exercises.
Hired candidates will be required to obtain Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification within 90 days of hire date. Training and assessment will be offered by the organization.
• Must have active Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) status as administered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
• Must hold a current North Carolina Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license as issued by the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board (NCRCB).
• Must hold active Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification.
• Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Caro Lung
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.