Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 59905
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Using computerized tomography (CT) equipment and standards, the CT Technologist prepares and performs procedures and tests used to acquire and analyze patient diagnostic data. By interviewing and preparing patients with in-depth understanding of the equipment and procedures, this role ensures effective, safe use of this equipment and drives optimal care outcomes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
• Conducts computerized tomography (CT) screening, ensuring both the safe function of equipment and pursuing the best quality imaging from the procedure.
• Reads and comprehends imaging order, engaging with radiologist when order is unclear, complex or warrants deeper review.
• Gathers consent for contrast injection for applicable imaging orders. Establishes intravenous access and applies contrast. Under laboratory supervision, draws blood for kidney function evaluation using glomerular filtration rate (GFR) analysis on point-of-care-testing hardware.
• Interviews patients to understand risk factors and prior medical history components that may warrant a more in-depth examination for safety.
• Selects appropriate scanning protocols and imaging parameters using extensive knowledge of human anatomy, pathology and the capabilities/limitations of both hardware and specific imaging sequences.
• Guides patients, some distressed, through their examination, applying subject matter expertise and cultural competency to explain the exam. Sets expectations and calms patient for effective imaging.
• Graduate of an accredited program in Radiological Science
• Registration as CT technologist from American Registry Of Radiologic Technologists
• Good understanding of human anatomy - can be established through education or experience
• Experience reading and interpreting complex radiology orders
• Experience using point-of-care-testing platforms such as Abbott i-Stat
• Experience working with a Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS)
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Cat Scan
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Weekend
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.