Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 59906
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Urgent Care Customer Service Representative provides provides general clerical support and patient access support for an Urgent Care clinic by a range of task including but not limited to: greeting patients and visitors, answering inquiries, guiding patients through the registration process, collecting and maintaining accurate patient information, collecting payments, scheduling appointments and answering incoming calls.
• Maintains a neat and clean work environment. Prepares the clinic for opening; turning off and/or setting alarm system.
Prepares working area for shift, including maintaining supplies such as intake forms and office supplies.
• Greets and provides assistance to all visitors and patients, promoting a
positive and calm atmosphere throughout the clinic. Answers phone using defined scripts, referring or redirecting calls as appropriate.
• Patiently and clearly guides patient through registration process, explaining policies and processes as needed.
• Obtains necessary demographic and insurance information in accordance to clinic policy and accurately enters
information in the practice management system. Updates patient forms and records as needed.
• Notifies patient of payment amounts due at time of patient encounter, such as co-pays, deductibles, and bad debt
• Collects due amounts. Counts and balances patient case drawer at the beginning and end of each shift. Refers patient to billing office as needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum of 1 year prior experience in a medical office or health care setting .
• Medical Terminology training or work experience.
Legal Employer: Pardee - UCC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: UCC UCC-Hville
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.