Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 59915
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position administers skilled nursing care to patients in their place of residence, as prescribed by the physician and in accordance with the established plan of care. Works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) and coordinates care with the interdisciplinary team as well as the patient/family. Delivers care in compliance with State, Federal and Medicare standards and Pardee policies and procedures.
• Provides direct patient care utilizing the nursing process under the direct supervision of the RN. Collaborates with supervising RN on the execution of the patient’s plan of care. Assists physicians, RNs and health care team members with data collection, assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of patient and families care to achieve desired outcomes. Administers prescribed medications, therapies and treatments in accordance with practical nursing standards as allowed in the NC State Board of Nursing Regulations. Implements components of the plan of care within the LPN scope of practice and competency to promote desired outcomes.
• Assists with the discharge planning and carrying out the patient’s teaching plan under the direction of the RN.
• Collaborates with the RN and healthcare team to advocate for the patient and supports the patient’s psychological, ethical, spiritual and cultural needs. Provides compassionate basic nursing care and maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
• Maintains and reviews patient medical records, notes and physician orders. Documents all patient activities in accordance with documentation standards.
• Reviews diagnostic test results and reports abnormal results and changes in patient condition to the RN, physician and appropriate healthcare team members in a timely manner.
• Licensed to practice as a Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state of North Carolina.
• Must have current driver's license and vehicle insurance in state of employment, and the ability to travel within a 50 mile radius on a
• Two (2) years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
• Proficient verbal and written communications skills
• Possess the ability to transfer, maneuver and lift incapacitated clients in the home setting.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Home Health
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.