Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 59925
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Revenue Cycle Representative reconciles accounts, researches and resolves a variety of issues relating to posting of payments and charges, insurance denials, secondary billing issues, sequencing of charges, and non-payment of claims.
• Reconciles accounts, researches and resolves a variety of issues relating to posting of payments and charges, insurance denials, secondary billing issues, sequencing of charges, and non-payment of claims.
• Evaluate and resolve errors on insurance claims for accurate and timely payments. Reviews updates to previously billed claims for accuracy.
• Edits claims within scope of authority (or escalate as needed) to meet and satisfy billing compliance guidelines.
• Audits payments and adjustments to resolve credit balances or overpayment.
• Posts payments (Insurance and/or Patient) and denials to patient invoices/accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
• Identifies and follows up on outstanding claims as documented in Electronic Medical Recordkeeping (EMR) system. Researches claims on payor portals as needed. Calls and discusses claims with payor representatives as needed.
• Prioritize work to ensure optimal accounts receivable performance and cash flow.
• Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working in a healthcare or finance/accounting office.
• Proficient written and verbal communication.
• Working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9/ICD-10 coding.
• Experience working in or with an Electronic Medical Recordkeeping (EMR) system such as EPIC.
• Experience and/or education/training in medical terminology.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Pat Acct
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.