Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 59926
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Centralized Scheduler communicates with patients and clinical staff in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to coordinate and schedule clinical visits across a wide range of clinical resources using a diverse set of tools and communication methods.
• Communicates with patients and clinical staff to coordinate and schedule clinical visits across a wide range of clinical resources.
• Reviews and interprets incoming clinical orders delivered by phone and fax. Inputs orders into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) scheduling system. Reviews automated work queues to guide and prioritize outreach.
• Interviews patients to obtain and input patient’s history, demographic, and insurance details into EMR scheduling system. Reviews records for accuracy.
• Schedules patients to appropriate clinical resources according to complex documented clinical and insurance criteria.
• Communicates with patients and care team to coordinate visits aligned to clinical area and patient appointment availability. Informs patient of selected time and expectations.
• Reviews upcoming resource scheduling to ensure optimal usage. Contacts and integrates wait-listed or upcoming orders into scheduling plan.
• Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience and/or education/training in medical terminology.
• Experience performing in a customer service role.
• Working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9/ICD-10 coding.
• Experience working in or with an Electronic Medical Recordkeeping (EMR) system such as EPIC.
• Experience working in a radiology setting
• Experience scheduling clinical resources such as radiology exams
• Experience or education in medical terminology
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Pat Acct
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.