Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 59927
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Patient Liaison greets and assists patients, family and visitors presenting to the Emergency Department (ED) and assists in providing a pleasant, caring environment by offering comfort and reassurance to those waiting in the lobby.
• Greets and assists patients, family and visitors presenting to the Emergency Department (ED). Promotes a professional atmosphere through courteous communication and utilizes good interpersonal skills to assist in providing a pleasant, caring environment by offering comfort and reassurance to those waiting in the lobby.
• Maintains communications with triage nurse upon patient’s arrival to the liaison desk. Informs clinical coordinator/charge nurse of census and events occurring in the lobby (increased volume, anxious visitors, etc.). Identifies customer satisfaction issues and communicates with the ED management.
• Supports the healthcare team with information and administrative support. Answers and directs telephone calls from visitors, staff, and patients. Relays messages for patients, families, physicians, nurses, and other staff from multiple departments.
• Ensures that the ED waiting area and liaison area are clean and orderly.
• Transports patients as assigned to designated areas and uses standard precautions and principles of infection control.
• High school education or equivalent required.
• One (1) years of experience performing in a customer service capacity.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: E R
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.