Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 59942
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Recreational Therapist facilitates the therapeutic group process by identifying individual patient needs and designing an activity therapy program for all patients.
• Responds to physicians’ orders for patient assessment and treatment, individually assesses/evaluates patients within 72 hours of admission to determine and document needs, interests, and abilities. Utilizes an interdisciplinary approach to patient care in collaboration with the patient, family/significant others, and the treatment team to develop an individualized plan of care and discharge documentation in substantial compliance with department policies/protocols, standards of regulatory agencies and professional standards of practice.
• Implements individualized patient treatment plans and group programs for all populations taking into consideration cognitive, physical, social and/or cultural abilities and limitations. This includes developing and implementing plans and facilitating interventions to restore, remediate or rehabilitate patients’ functioning and increase patients’ independence.
• Documents evaluation of patient progress toward goals, patients’ response to interventions, modification to treatment as necessary, and discharge/transition plans in collaboration with the patient, family/significant others and treatment team, in substantial compliance with department policies and protocols, standards of regulatory agencies and professional standards of practice.
• Demonstrates the function of a leader in the profession and organization by advocating for and facilitating necessary change and initiatives. Exemplifies quality service provision. Manages professional practice through promoting and demonstrating accountability. Participates in improvement and resource management by evaluating, developing, and coordinating specialized programs. Engages in evidence based research and quality improvement activities for the clinical service team and department. Assists in the acquisition and maintenance of supplies, equipment and facility planning.
• Bachelor’s degree in Recreational Therapy.
• Certified Therapeutic Recreation Therapist (or registration eligible) required
• Current NC licensure as Recreational Therapist
• Master's degree in Recreational Therapy.
• Experience in treatment planning and implementation
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: PATHS
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.