Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 59968
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Reporting and accountable to the Nurse Leader, the Home Health Nurse is responsible for coordinating and delivering patient care utilizing the nursing process in a home setting under the direction of a physician.
• Organizes and delivers nursing plan of care in the home setting.
• Collaborates with the patient’s interdisciplinary care team, which may include physicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and/or speech therapists, to develop care plan under the direction of a physician.
• Synthesizes data in complex situations to determine priorities for care, including appropriate physical, psychosocial, education and safety needs, in order to help patients maintain their independence.
• Defines independent schedule in coordination with scheduling support team.
• Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs. Consults with appropriate resources in a timely fashion regarding patients with complex care issues or unusual teaching needs.
• Communicates with patient/family to prepare or update the plan of care using cultural competency and active listening. Develops relationships with patients and their families that promote their ability to advocate for patient and family needs.
• Develops clinical and operational excellence in self and in peers through education and training.
• Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by orientation/skills checklist. Duties include but are not confined to:
o Administering IVs
o Wound care
o Updating plan of care
o Use of electronic medical records (EMR) system
• Must be licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of North Carolina or one of compact states by the first day of clinical care.
• One (1) year of practice as a registered nurse (RN) in a hospital setting
• Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a personally owned vehicle, or access to another form of transit compatible with role’s productivity standards
• Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
• Experience working in EPIC
• OASIS experience
• One (1) year of home health experience
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Home Health
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Weekend
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.