Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 59564
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Triangle East is seeking a Pharmacy Transition Specialist / Student Intern to join our clinical support team, to deliver optimal medication management across UNC Triangle East Region (Raleigh, Holly Springs, Smithfield, Clayton). Let UNC Triangle East be the destination for your professional growth as you become a member of a team of pharmacy transition specialists. As a PharmD student/intern, you will have additional opportunities to enhance your educational and professional growth by observing and participating in emergency room situations and codes, shadowing other clinical and administrative pharmacists, and contributing to various research projects.
The Pharmacy Transition Specialist is an integral member of the Emergency Dept. team, responsible for working with patients to obtain and document the best possible medication history. The Pharmacy Transition Specialist's role is essential to assure high-quality and safe care by reducing medication duplications, omissions, and possible errors. Information obtained will be accurately entered into the system and will be used by the physician, pharmacist, nurse, and other providers as input into treatment plans and medication orders during hospitalization and in discharge planning for post-hospital transition and care.
1. Utilizes available resources for medication history collection
2. Performs medication reconciliation by interviewing patients, contacting pharmacies and physician offices to obtain an accurate medication history
3. Documents interventions made to the medication history in the electronic medical record
4. Participates in the training and development of pharmacy technicians and students.
5. Accurate work with careful attention to detail. Ability to adapt to changes in workload and schedule to meet patient needs. Ability to set priorities and solve problems
• Assembles and reviews medication history and document their findings
• Medication history information will be obtained from the patient directly or the patient's family, retail pharmacy or physician office
• This role is essential to assure high quality and safe care by reducing medication duplications, omissions and possible errors
• Good clinical judgment to determine accuracy of information obtained
• Working knowledge of common outpatient medication doses and dosage forms
● Completion of a nine-month Pharmacy Technician Program (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.·CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If completion of a Pharmacy Technician Program: No prior experience required.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Two (2) years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex IP Pharmacy
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Weekend
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary Range: $16.81 /hour (minimum) - $21.01/hour (midpoint)
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.