Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 59586
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Based at UNC Medical Center in Chapel Hill, NC, the UNC Central Intake Nurse (R.N.) Liaison collaborates with acute care Case Managers and providers to support the transition of patients from the inpatient setting to Home Health, Hospice, Infusion or Palliative care post-acute environments and to provide education on post-acute care services and patient needs. Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and rounds on assigned patient units to partner with physicians and hospital staff to establish and implement home care, hospice, infusion, or palliative care upon the patient’s discharge from acute care. Works in conjunction with other Central Intake department staff to coordinate referrals from skilled nursing facilities or other locations.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides patient care coordination for home health or hospice patients. Educates physicians and staff and facilitates continuity of care of patients from hospital to home or hospice. Participates on interdisciplinary team and collaborates with physicians and staff to establish and implement home care or hospice needs. Coordinates referrals from skilled nursing facilities or other locations.
1. Communicates all appropriate patient information and coordinates staff availability directly with the home health or hospice intake department. Communicates home health or hospice staffing availability to referral sources and staff.
2. Coordinates with the patient, patient’s family, referring physician, clinical care management representative, and hospital staff to determine the appropriateness of all home care referrals.
3. Educates referral sources and other hospital staff in relation to home health or hospice services and regulatory requirements.
4. Gathers all the necessary demographic and medical information, as well as all requested treatment and services in order to develop a detailed and comprehensive home health or hospice care referral and plan. Identify the type of service which best serves the referral patient: General Inpatient Hospice or Home Hospice and communicate this to the referral source (Case Managers, Residents, or Physicians) and patient/family/care giver.
● Bachelors of Science in Nursing
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of home health, public health or other health related experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: UNCHCS Cont Care Intake
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.