Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 61612
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Facility/Division: Nash UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Case Manager facilitates effective and cost efficient care of patients through such case management functions as utilization review and discharge planning. The Case Manager may facilitate the execution of existing clinical pathways for may facilitate the implementation of new clinical pathways. The Case Manager may follow the patient through the continuum of care, or may concentrate on one aspect of case management, depending on the area assigned. In collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Patient Care Team, coordinates the implementation of the discharge plan when it calls for post-discharge home care or placement into nursing homes or rehabilitation facilities, or community services
• Reviews new admissions and prioritize patients appropriately. Conducts and documents assessment and a plan of care in Electronic Medical Recordkeeping (EMR) system.
• Discusses with appropriate members of the multidisciplinary team when there are barriers to discharge and psychosocial concerns impacting progression of care or readmission risk. Coordinates family meetings, as necessary, to support the progression of care.
• Provides education on community resources, support/educational groups, and any other appropriate resources to patient, family, and care team. Educates and/or coordinates referrals to community resources and post-acute providers as necessary.
• Coordinates with assigned units to provide and receive information on patients’ progression. Alerts care team to concerns that could impact anticipated discharge of the patient and any care that will assist with discharge readiness. Modifies discharge plan based on information shared at the meeting. Assist with identification of the expected discharge date (EDD).
• Collaborates with interdisciplinary care team to problem-solve issues with complex patients and identify trends. Formulates potential solutions with Utilization Manager and Social Worker and continuously monitor cases/follow up on all action items. Proactively identify high risk cases that need to be escalated to the list that are not scheduled for discussion that week. Complete CCM follow-up after the meeting as assigned.
• Maintains a system for monitoring admissions and assures review of continued stays in a timely manner. Monitors all observation patients throughout the day to ensure appropriate progression of care. Interfaces with other hospital departments in matters of review decisions, coding, discharge planning, and UR issues. Serves as a liaison with insurance companies and government agencies to coordinate information needed for approval of hospital procedures/services rendered. Maintains proper documentation for third party payers and other agency requirements.
• Performs admission and continued stay reviews to determine the appropriateness of hospital admission based on approved criteria and standards per the Hospital Utilization Review Plan. Directs delivery of notifications to patients to deliver notifications. Documents activities, events, and information per standards in established software systems
Legal Employer: Nash Hospitals
Entity: Nash UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: NGH Case Management
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: NASH HC
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.