Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 61755
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Facility/Division: Nash UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The manager will direct the administrative operations, strategic planning, and day-to-day management of the Cancer Services team in partnership with the physician leadership. The manager must cost effectively lead and manage the team to ensure high quality care and patient satisfaction outcomes.
1. Assists Executive Director in establishing systems, processes, people, and education that will improve internal and external customer satisfaction and positive results for the team, department, and institution. Roles models and leads team staff in supporting and mentoring team in customer service excellence.
2. Communication - Provides regular communication to staff by leading, participating in, and/or overseeing team meetings and team building activities. Role models and leads staff in supporting departmental and institutional expectations in customer service excellence. Develops and maintains positive relationships with key individuals in other hospital departments to enhance team processes.
3. Fiscal Management - Makes team budget recommendations and projections to Executive Director. Monitors approved budget versus actual expenditures to reconcile as needed to achieve cost effective use of resources. Oversees tracking and trending of team productivity statistics regularly reports team productivity measures to Executive Director.
4. Goals/Outcomes Management - Collaborates with Executive Director to establish goals for the team that are congruent with hospital and departmental goals. Reviews performance to ensure staff is meeting or exceeding target outcome goals. Assists the Executive Director in ensuring the collecting, analyzing, evaluating, measuring, and presenting of clinical care management operational data. Uses data to take corrective action as needed to benefit the team, department, and/or institution.5. Personnel Management - Manages personnel functions for designated Clinical Care Management Department team staff. Interviews and selects candidates for hiring, coordinates orientation for new staff, develops work plans, conducts performance reviews, recommends compensation, and conducts disciplinary action using hospital and departmental personnel guidelines.
6. Quality & Compliance - Leads continuous quality improvement efforts in conjunction with the department Executive Director. Helps ensures compliance with regulatory requirements related to clinical care management and Health Care System policies. Develops appropriate departmental policies and procedures oversees team auditing requirements. Ensures best practices for various team roles.
Legal Employer: Nash Hospitals
Entity: Nash UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: NGH Nash Cancer Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: NASH HC
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.