Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 60122
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Preferred - Candidate with experience in both Radiation Oncology and Med Oncology.
Summary: Works collaboratively with Cancer Center Physicians, management team, hospital leadership and co-workers. Responsible for the operational direction and performance of Hematology and Radiation Oncology services. Plans, directs and coordinates departmental functions including: budget and financial performance; quality outcomes; customer service; staff development, performance and training; and departmental operational performance. The incumbent reports directly to the AVP, Department of Medicine UNC Rex Healthcare.
The Director of Operations for Medical and Radiation Oncology consolidates two prior Cancer Center director positions and is part of a larger restructuring within the Department of Medicine to facilitate improved operational and financial performance. This specific change facilitates a higher level of connectivity between our medical and radiation oncology teams. This also supports a more efficient approach to operations, strategic development and financial management. Previously, there were two distinct director positions, one for medical oncology and one for radiation oncology. The radiation oncology position also had patient access, revenue cycle and support services reporting to it.
In a related change, those areas (patient access, revenue cycle and support services) will now report directly to the AVP of the Department of Medicine. Candidates for the opportunity must have a proven track record of success in a competitive market, community based-academic health systems, previous operational, financial and strategic project oversight, physician network leadership experience and proven team and partnership development skills. This position will have oversight of Radiation and Medical oncology, Cancer Research and the Cancer registry team with a focus on business operations.
1. Reviews and reports operational and financial data evaluating quality of service, workload, revenue and expenses. Works with the leadership team to develop strategies and then implements them through management teams and physician champions.
2. Provides direction for the delivery of cost effective, quality patient care and service based on established regulatory, professional and organizational standards within the context of the operating vision at Rex.
3. Plans, organizes and manages overall programs and activities for services. Directs the integration of services within the department and throughout the organization.
4. Ensures compliance with financial goals through the development and administration of site budgets, regular monitoring of results and analysis of variances. Recommends types and amounts of resources required. Allocates resources based on departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
5. Establishes and/or provides leadership for the attainment of departmental/service goals in support of the organizational mission and operational excellence.
6. Directs quality control and performance management and improvement activities within the department.
7. Benchmarks key performance indicators and major processes in order to move towards best practices and ensures consistency of these indicators across the practices.
8. Ensures qualified and competent staffing, space, equipment and other resources are available to meet the scope of offered services. Enhances services through the selection and development of coworkers, coordinators/managers, orderly organizational design and monitoring of outcomes.
● Master's degree (MHA or MBA).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires six years of experience managing ambulatory service line(s) with at least four years of oncology management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Develops and maintains effective relationships with medical staff, employees, patients and the public. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients, employees, and the general public. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Spreadsheet skills strongly preferred. REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Cancer Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.