Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 58195
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Clinical Informatics Pharmacist is responsible for effective process design, development, and support of clinical information systems associated with pharmacy ordering, administration and documentation. Demonstrates independent decision making as appropriate in evaluation of requests for system improvements and determines feasibility and advisability of system changes using process improvement methods. Collaborates with clinicians, leadership, and vendors to ensure quality patient care and effective system operations.
This position is part of the Epic Willow team.
1. Communicates on a regular basis with Pharmacy Management regarding updates on projects, timeliness, and issues and provides recommendations to improve systems.
2. Ensures compliance and uses change management process and procedures to ensure changes are fully tested and approved for production use.
3. Evaluates, coordinates and tests all system changes and updates, understanding their impact medication safety, Pharmacy practice and efficiencies and their impact on other systems.
4. Maintains current knowledge of technology and healthcare environment by attending appropriate continuing education offerings and reading related materials Stays informed of industry trends and proposed future state through vendor contracts and participation in Pharmacy professional groups.
5. On call 24/7, responds to call within a 15 minute time frame and appropriately handles or escalates the call.
6. Participates with clinical teams and other system implementations as needed related to Nursing-Pharmacy issues and medication safety. Champions patient medication safety through use of technology.
7. Responsible for maintenance and build of clinical and formulary information in Pharmacy information and automation systems along with assuring compliance with regulatory agencies.
8. Responsible for table file build, routine order set management, system set-up procedures, and ongoing maintenance and support of all Pharmacy systems and the integration with automation and other clinical applications.
● Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy.
● Licensed as a Registered Pharmacist and eligible to practice pharmacy in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Two (2) years of pharmacist experience.
● If a Pharm.D. degree: No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Knowledge and understanding of medical informatics. Knowledge of pharmacy department workflow related to ordering, dispensing, administering and documenting medications. Knowledge of related health information systems specifically electronic medical records.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Ambulatory Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.