Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 60804
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Paramedic will work in collaboration with all members of the health care team to provide care to all Emergency Department patients, under the direct supervision of the Emergency Services Physician and general direction of the Emergency Services Director. They will work as part of a team with the Registered Nurse accountable for the patient care assignment. Specific tasks can be delegated by the RN or MD. Provide service across the lifespan (infants, toddlers, preschool, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics). Major responsibilities for this position are: safety and emergency procedures, documentation, patient care tasks and procedures, unit support, communication/customer service, safety, and professional development.
1. Pleasantly greets new patients upon their arrival, and accomplishes the general orientation of the patient to their room.
2. Accurately obtains and documents vital signs, temperature, weight and other required admission data, as instructed by RN.
3. Assist patients with their basic personal needs with respect and protection of the patient’s privacy, dignity and cultural diversity.
4. Performs task as outlined by hospital policy and protocol.
5. Transports patients without incident or accident due to failure to properly apply established safety procedures and precautions.
6. Cleaning, sanitizing, and stocking rooms between patients following hospital policy and protocols.
7. Ensures current credentials and/or certification.
8. Maintains compliance with hospital procedural standards.
9. Supports and promotes the Carolina Cares.
10. Provides ongoing compliance with Workers Compensation Policy.
11. Personally contributing to the team environment by demonstrating cooperative, constructive, problem-solving interaction with UNC Health Wayne employees, and its customers.
12. Performs other departmental duties as assigned.
13. Performs independently within his/her scope of practice.
High school diploma or equivalent
Basic Life Support (BLS) required upon hire.
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) are required within six (6) months of hire.
At least one year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Good communication and computer skills; ability to work with others as a team to ensure quality patient care. Major responsibilities for this position are: safety and emergency procedures, documentation, patient care tasks and procedures, unit support, communication/customer service, safety, and professional development.
• Ability to provide excellent patient and customer care to all patients and their visitors as well as internal and external teammates.
• Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
• Able to learn new software rapidly. Knowledge of Epic/EMR is helpful.
Valid NC Driver’s License: No
If driving a Wayne UNC Vehicle, must be 21 years old and MVR must be approved by Risk Management.
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job:
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.