Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 60710
Location: Butner, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Seeking Nurse Educator for new facility, opening Summer 2023, located at Butner, NC! Great opportunity to facilitate the start of new services for the youth community!
UNC Hospitals Youth Behavioral Health is a 54 bed inpatient psychiatric facility located in Butner, NC. The hospital is composed of 4 units designed to care for child and adolescent patients with a variety of common mental health diagnoses, including those with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and with Autism Spectrum Disorder. In a milieu-based, trauma-informed, therapeutic setting, patients are treated by a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals, including Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Therapy Services, Social Workers, Nursing Services, Pharmacy, Pastoral Care and Nutrition Services. Safety is the key component of the care provided as well as introduction of positive coping skills, healthy living and positive leisure activities.
Full time position; day shift position with NC Health benefits offered.
Nurse Educator Job Summary:Coordinates staff development and educational needs of patient care nursing staff, patients, and families. This is an advanced level position in education, which is performed under minimal supervision. Assignments may be characterized as those requiring collaboration to address staff educational needs within a specialty practice area and/or service. Serves in a lead capacity over others as it relates to special projects or subject matter expertise. Work maybe performed collaboratively for multiple disciplines across the continuum of care or for a specific patient population or service area.
1. Acts as resource and role model in use of evidence based practice. Leads unit/service based clinical practice groups
2. Assists in orientation and placement of nursing students in clinical units. Serves as resource to faculty. Mentors graduate students
3. Assists nursing staff in design and implementation of clinical nursing research/performance improvement projects.
4. Assists nursing units with preceptor responsibilities to ensure that all new staff are oriented and meeting competency expectations
5. Conducts learning needs assessments to plan staff educational programs
6. Coordinates orientation, staff development and continuing education for nursing staff
7. Develops evidence-based standards of care, comprehensive nursing plans, clinical pathways for patients and families and facilitates implementation of same.
8. Develops, implements, and evaluates educational materials, self instructional programs, teaching protocols, and e-learning programs for nursing staff.
9. In conjunction with other subject matter experts, develops and evaluates patient family education materials.
10. Serves as a clinical resource and role model, provides clinical supervision to staff in developing clinical knowledge, skills and abilities
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
● For Home Health/Hospice: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
● For Home Health/Hospice: Valid NC Driver's License
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience in tertiary care with two (2) years clinical experience in the assigned specialty.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH YBH Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: Butner:NC:27509
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.