Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 64283
Location: Smithfield, NC
Facility/Division: Johnston Health
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs patrolling, surveillance,
escorting, investigation and intervention services in an effort to protect the safety
and security of all patients, visitors, employees and physicians on hospital
premises and police hospital buildings and grounds to reduce the probability of
fire, theft and vandalism.
1. Patrols buildings and grounds of hospital, and observes for unsafe or illegal activity, and for doors/areas which are not secured.
2. Ensures that only authorized persons are permitted on hospital grounds.
3. Provides escort and assistance for visitors, patients and employees to and from all areas within the hospital property.
4. Responds to unusual or emergency situations using the appropriate escalation of force level by following established protocol.
5. Responds to emergency calls for assistance to control disorderly conduct or combative patients, and participates in de-escalation of situation, including physical restraint if necessary.
6. Appropriately and effectively intervenes when unruly, abusive, combative, threatening or armed persons are encountered, ensuring that the safety of victims and bystanders.
7. Serves as a member of the Fire Team and responds to various alarms.
8. Investigates incidents of unusual circumstances of a civil and criminal nature reported by hospital staff, visitors, physicians or patients.
9. Provides assistance to patients, visitors and employees when vehicles won’t start, with flat tires or persons are locked out of their cars.
10. Writes incident reports and documents investigation steps and results.
11. Inspects outgoing parcels as necessary to reduce theft of hospital property.
12. Reports and/or removes all safety and fire hazards observed on routine patrols and inspections.
13. Transports cash, checks, other documents, equipment, supplies, and runs errands when requested.
14. Participates in, and responds to, all disaster alerts including Active Shooter, Bomb threats, external emergency, severe weather plans, and internal disaster plans.
15. Assist with traffic control by keeping fire lanes, fire hydrants, and ambulance entrances free of vehicles.
16. Maintains confidentiality of all matters regarding Johnston Health, its patients, employees and visitors.
● High School diploma or equivalent.
● Must attain within 90 days of employment and maintain thereafter an active certification in CPI, North Carolina Private Protective Services Unarmed Security Officer and training in Hands Only CPR.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior security or police experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Johnston Health
Organization Unit: Protective Services
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 12.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Smithfield
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.