Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 63138
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Schedule: Evenings 2:30pm-11:00pm
Call and Holiday rotation
*This position qualifies for a 5k Commitment Incentive!*
The Central Sterile Lead Technician, under the general direction of the Central Sterile Director, assumes the responsibility for overall performance and customer service of the Central Sterile Processing Department on a given shift. The Sterile Processing Team Leader serves as the point person with Central Sterile and the Operating Room staff to resolve issues that may arise before, during, or after a case.
(1) year of experience in sterile processing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of sterilization processes, decontamination, disinfection and cleaning methods.
• Knowledge surgical instrument preparation and assembly, inspection packaging, documentation and delivery.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Good interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with teammates, supervisors, providers, administration and patients.
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and reprioritize scheduling of work.
• Ability to work in a physically demanding, high stress environment.
• Good manual dexterity. • Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Proficient with MS Office and able to learn new software rapidly.
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Central Sterile
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.