Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 59400
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Hospitals Rehabilitation Service Line is accepting applications for a per diem Pediatric Occupational Therapist in an outpatient clinic for 8-30 hours per week with clinical experience in pediatric neurological and developmental rehabilitation from 0-21 years of age; diagnoses include autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, muscular dystrophy, hemiplegia, fine motor delay, brachial plexus, spina bifida, premature traumatic brain injury, splinting, and sensory processing disorders. Occupational therapy services available to our pediatric caseloads include aquatic therapy, splinting, CIMT, wheelchair and equipment evaluations, and functional electrical stimulation.
This candidate will also work closely with an experienced group of physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech-language pathologists as part of our Outpatient team, as well as with other providers in interdisciplinary clinics. Excellent time management, communication, flexibility, and organizational skills are required in this fast paced environment. Good leadership skills are needed to coordinate patient care coverage with other disciplines within the UNC Healthcare System. Hours and days are variable.
1. Completes OT documentation in the medical record per department guidelines and completes department records for billing and statistics
2. Manages OT caseload with efficiency and efficacy
3. Manages resources needed to perform OT treatment plan to accomplish the goals set for the patient
4. Plans and coordinates clinical programs in response to patient needs, technologies, clinical practices, regulations and reimbursement. Provides regular communication with physicians, supervisor, and others regarding OT programs and patients served.
5. Provides clinical supervision and teaching for OT students or staff. Plans orientation, caseload, and other learning activities. Provides regular feedback and coaching. Evaluates the learner's performance.
6. Selects and performs appropriate Occupational Therapy (OT) evaluation procedures to identify and assess problems. Sets treatment goals and devises a treatment plan. Re-evaluates and adjusts the treatment plan in response to the patient's changing condition and discharge plans.
● Graduation from an accredited Occupational Therapy program.
● Licensed as an Occupational Therapist in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Occupational Ther-OP Borders
Work Type: Per Diem
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Flat Rate: $46.08 per hour
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.